Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Michael Jordan IS Tar Heel Basketball!

Hello Tar heels!

I hope you all had a good Christmas.  I had a very interesting experience recently.  I took my son Micah to his first Tar Heel Basketball game.  It was an exciting experience for both Micah and me.  The crowd, the band, the cheerleaders, the announcer, and the surrounding fans all added to the moment.

There was one thing I found particularly interesting.  During halftime and at certain points during the game the stadium does commercials on the jumbotron.  These commercials are much like the ones they might run for the universities playing during a televised game.   During one of the breaks they ran a commercial for Tar Heel Basketball.  This commercial took the form of several famous Tar Heel Basketball players and personalities coming on the screen, announcing their name followed with the words "I'm a Tar Heel!".  Some players got more response than others.  People clapped for Roy Williams.  People clapped a lot for James Worthy .  People went crazy when Phil Ford came on the screen.  There was various response to the different Tar Heel Basketball people.

Now here is the interesting part for me.  The last person to come on the screen was Michael Jordan.  But Michael Jordan doesn't identify himself.  He never says who he is.  He simply and calmly says "I'm a Tar Heel."  And the crowd goes absolutely berserk.

He never identified Himself!  He never said who he was!  Everyone else said who they were.   So Here are my conclusions.
1)  Michael Jordan doesn't have to identify himself.
2)  Michael Jordan is Tar Heel Basketball

There are times When I wonder if this is how Jesus wishes it was in His Church.
There are times when I wonder if the modern Church would recognize Him.

Again, conclusions:
1)  Jesus and His Values should be easily recognizable to the Modern Church.
2)  Jesus should need no introductions.
3)  Jesus IS the Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment